What to Expect on your First Visit
A visit to our office can put you on a path towards a beautiful smile and good oral health. Taking care of any problems today will help you avoid serious and expensive health issues down the road. That’s why at Nexus Dental, we are here to help you have a convenient, stress-free experience during your first visit and every visit thereafter!
Schedule Your Appointment Now Online!
- Simply click on “Schedule Now” to book an appointment.
Prior to Your Visit
- You will receive a text message from us asking you to securely complete your registration online. Doing so will shorten your visit time and will help us prepare for your arrival.
What to Bring
- Your current dental insurance card.
- Legal photo ID
- X-rays (if applicable). X-rays from a previous dentist or physician can be forwarded to our office.
- A list of your current medications and dosages.
What to Expect
- When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by our front office staff. They will review your information and answer any questions you may have.
- Your initial appointment typically includes a comprehensive review of your dental needs and concerns, a review of your health history, and an exam by your dentist. In some instances, your initial appointment may also include a dental cleaning with your dental hygienist. Additional treatment may be scheduled for a future date. This careful approach allows us to properly diagnose and thoughtfully plan any needed procedures.
“Will I get my teeth cleaned at my first visit? This is one of our most frequently asked questions. We understand that your time is valuable, and it is always our plan to get your teeth cleaned at your first visit! However, if you have been away from the dentist for a while, or we see indications of gum disease, it may be clinically appropriate to reschedule you for care. We pride ourselves in honoring your time, but staging your care is sometimes necessary to achieve the best outcomes.” -Brian Blough DDS
Medical History, Dental History, Cleaning, and Examination
When it is time for your appointment, you will be taken to an exam room, where you blood pressure will then be measured. You will meet the dentist, who will perform an examination, including but not limited to:
- An oral cancer screening.
- A tooth-by-tooth check for decay.
- A thorough assessment of periodontal (gum) health and surrounding oral tissues
- A bite evaluation.
The dentist will discuss your current oral health status, as well as your short-term and long-term dental goals. He or she will explain any recommended treatments and answer any questions you have. Additional treatment may be performed the same day.
“At Nexus Dental, we feel it’s important that we empower our patients with information about their oral health needs and encourage them to participate in the development of their care plan. We are in this together.”- Brian Blough DDS